ARMin Global Training Description
The Adventist Recovery Ministries (ARMin) Global Training is called “Journey to Wholeness.” This 15 hrs training has been developed by the North American Division and the General Conference Health Ministries department to equip church leaders and enable churches to assist individuals who are struggling with addictions or any unhealthy compulsive behavior. This training is required to conduct an Adventist Recovery Ministry Global in your local church.
Module I: Biblical and Spiritual Concepts of Recovery and Healing
Module II: Understanding Addiction and Preventive Interventions
Module III: Adventist Recovery Ministries Global and the 12-steps as a tool for Wholeness
Module IV: Journey to Wholeness Effective Use
Training Participants will:
- Be provided expert insights from Christian Professionals working in the academic and clinical field of Addictions. These insights include helping participants understand the marvelous and resilient brain circuitry that God has gifted to humans, and how this truth can be utilized in inspiring hope and behavior change in the recovering addict.
- Understand how addictions (activity and/or substance), obsessive-compulsive behaviors form and what we can do to heal the resulting family dysfunctions in our church and community
- Recognize the need in the church for a ‘recovery ministry’ and the relevance of creating a Christ-centered 12-Step ministry in your church
- Develop an understanding of how working systematically through the ‘Steps’, with accountability, can assist someone to move into healthy wholeness, deepening their personal journey with Christ
- Be equipped with training, tools and practical steps to empower church members who have been called to a ‘recovery ministry’ to begin and facilitate a Christ-centered 12-Step support group for your church and community.
The ‘Steps’ offer help, hope and healing. ‘God never wastes a hurt’. As individuals heal, they are prepared to help others in their life journey.
Who Should Attend
Local church health ministry leaders, pastors, church members, health professionals, educators who want to integrate health into their scholastic programs as well as administrators who want to introduce a vibrant, evidence-based health ministry to their organization should plan to attend.
Email us at [email protected] if you would like to host a training near you.
UPCOMING ARMin Global trainings:
- Euro-Asia Division | Kazakstan | Virtual Event | March 14-18, 2021
- South Pacific Division | Australia | Virtual Event | April 24-29, 2021
- South American Division | Brazil | Virtual Event | May 9-13, 2021
- Euro-Asia Division | Far East Union Mission | Virtual Event | July 4 and 11, 2021
- Inter-European Division | Portugal | September 12-14, 2021
- South Pacific Division | Fiji | postponed – TBA
- West Africa Division | Ivory Coast | postponed – TBA